The Baseball Desert

Saturday, July 26, 2003

What the world sees when it looks at me is a 33-year-old English guy with a job, an apartment and family responsibilities, but the truth is that I'm still a little kid at heart - I love firework displays, it still amazes me that a man one day walked on the moon, and the Internet, even after it has become almost a permanenet fixture in my life, remains a source of wonder to me. I love the fact that I can sit here on a rainy Saturday evening in Paris and watch the Yanks play the Red Sox at Fenway, grab a chicken salad sandwich, a couple of beers and some Cheese Doritos, then head on out to Safeco to see the Rangers play the Mariners and, if I'm feeling really courageous, head on down to Florida (some time after midnight, local time) to see how the Phillies make out against the Marlins.

Baseball overload?? You betcha...!!