The Baseball Desert

Friday, October 03, 2003

Friggin' MLB.com

I finally get a free evening where I can sit down and watch the playoffs and MLB.com is giving me a hard time because it can't check my address using my credit card billing details. So tonight, not only am I 4,000 miles away from the playoff action, but I now don't even have access to an Internet service I paid good money to have. I'm gonna try to log on to MLB.TV a couple more times, and if it doesn't work, I'm gonna send MLB.com a really nasty e-mail and then head off to bed - I was looking forward to seeing the game so much that I don't even want to consider 'just' listening to it on MLB Radio.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining - I guess that I could use a good night's sleep, having slept about 4 hours a night for the past three nights. (I was about to say that it will allow me to be in good shape to watch some late-night games over the weekend, but, as things stand, there ain't gonna be any games for me over the weekend...). Damn.