The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Time out

There was so much stuff to see and read on the Red Sox victory in Oakland on Monday night that I didn't have chance to post anything yesterday. I didn't see the game live, but I caught up with bits of it over the course of the day - what a great game! Oakland once again failed to make it post the first round of the playoffs, but all credit to Boston for not giving up when they were 2-0 down in the series. Boston's big guys (Ramirez, Ortiz) finally came through over the last two games, and Pedro pitched a fine effort. The ninth inning was a real nail-biter, but Derek Lowe (Boston's closer-turned-starter-turned-emergency-closer) came through with a gutsy performance.

I don't care if tomorrow IS a work day - I'll be up at 2am tonight to watch the first game of the ALCS. A Red Sox / Yankees playoff game at Yankee Stadium - the postseason doesn't get much better than that, does it? Well... maybe it does, because the probable matchup for Saturday's Game 3 at Fenway Park is Pedro Martinez vs. Roger Clemens. I'm like a little kid in a candy store - I don't really know where to look or which game to look forward to the most!