The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Covering the bases

I haven't had much time to blog recently, but I've been trying to keep up with what's going on in the world of baseball. Before the arrival of the weblog concept, this would have meant trawling through a bunch of newspaper and sports websites, but the advent of weblogs (and the number of high-quality baseball blogs out there is quite amazing) means that I can often visit certain sites and be sure that I will have not only the latest news but also links to a whole bunch of baseball-related articles and opinions.

Baseball Musings and Bronx Banter are two of the 'one-stop shop' blogs that I go to regularly, as I know that there'll always be something of interest on there. The one drawback is that once I've visited these blogs, I sometimes feel that there's not a lot left to say or link to on here - it feels like being a Sunday softball player suddenly called up to catch Randy Johnson - you've just gotta hope that you can hold on to the ball.