The Baseball Desert

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Free gift?

I've stopped by the office to catch up on some personal e-mailing and maybe post on the blog. As I checked out MLB.com, I saw that there were some Spring Training games being broadcast on MLB.TV, and I thought I'd try to take a peek - for some strange reason I seem to still have access to the games, so here am I sat in the Paris suburbs on a Sunday evening in March, catching some virtual rays in Florida and watching - who else? - the Yankees play the Red Sox in Fort Myers.

The Red Sox are hitting Jose Contreras all over the place (it's 3-0 Red Sox in the bottom of the first), but as it's only March 7, I'm not gonna read too much into that. However, watching the game reminds me just how much I've missed that crack of the bat over the past few months, and I can say that today, for me, baseball is officially back.