The Baseball Desert

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Most Valuable Papi

A .387 batting average, 3 home runs and 11 RBIs - David Ortiz thoroughly deserves his MVP award.
"I tell you, one day I was driving from my house to the stadium on a workout day and I saw a big sign on the street that said, 'Keep the faith. And I saw it was a photo of Manny (Ramirez), it had the big smile.

I just parked in front of the photo and I just sat down for a minute and just thought about it, you know, we've been through the whole year. Then I went to the field and I just expressed myself to my teammates about what the Boston nation has been waiting for us and what they expect from us.

So it doesn't matter if we are down 3-0. We just have got to keep the faith. ... Because the game is not over till the last out."
If that doesn't warm the cockles of your heart, then either you're clinically dead, or your Yankees hat is preventing you from reading the text clearly.