The Baseball Desert

Friday, October 22, 2004

That Friday feeling

I woke up this morning and did that mental checklist that you do when you're no longer asleep but not quite awake:

  1. Got 8 hours' sleep for the first time in a week - I feel good (na-na-na-na-na-na-na)...
  2. It's Friday - I feel good (na-na-na-na-na-na-na)...
  3. New mp3 player should arrive today - I feel good (na-na-na-na-na-na-na)...
  4. Game 1 of the World Series tomorrow at Fenway Park - I feel... better than James Brown! Jump out of bed and do the dance: (thanks to Steve for the image).

I have a couple of days to savour the Red Sox' victory and get reacquainted with my family and friends before the Series starts and I once again hit that melodramatic nocturnal scene. Never before have I wanted so badly to suffer serious sleep deprivation. Roll on Saturday night.