The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Je vis pour ça...

...or, as they say elsewhere: "I Live for This!"

I was thrilled when I read the headline on MLB.com. I thought that this could be my big chance. I could see the ad in my mind's eye: a baseball diamond set up at the foot of the Eiffel Tower (here in all its Saturday Night Fever splendour), me decked out in a major league coach's uniform trying desperately to teach the Washington Nationals the English for such well-known baseball terms as "le carrousel".

Alas, it seems that only those who live in the United States (or at least those who can get to one of the 6 US ballparks being used for the casting calls) will be able to take part in the auditions. Oh well, never mind - back to looking forward to Spring Training. Which begins in 27 days, 1 hour and 52 minutes. Not that I'm counting. Obviously.