The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Celling out

I am in total agreement with this, which is one of my pet peeves.

I think this calls for a Baseball Desert missive:

Dear '15 Minutes Of Fame-r',

If you're going to the ballpark and you have seats behind home plate, then can I ask you to please do me the courtesy of actually watching the game? I really don't see the point of going to
[insert ballpark name here] if you're going to spend 3 hours talking on the phone to your friends. Seriously - if you're going to spend all game doing that, then come round to my place and call from there - I'll happily trade you all the beer in my fridge for F*CKIN' PRIME SEATS BEHIND HOME PLATE!

Thanks a lot, and enjoy the ballgame.
Iain

P.S. You do know that excessive cell-phone use causes brain cancer, don't you? Oh, hang on - to be worried about that you'd need to have a brain in the first place. Silly me!