The Baseball Desert

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Birthday

(that would be the number of candles, rather than a tribute to the recently departed...)

I'm not really a birthday guy. I tend not to celebrate them in any kind of big way, and this year is no exception - a good meal and a bottle of fine wine are about as exciting as it will get today. However, to compensate for the low-key celebration, I have decided to try to get myself the one present that I really want: a Red Sox game at Fenway.

I don't quite know when or how it will happen (and if my boss is reading this, I could really use that end-of-year bonus...), but you read it here first, folks: 2006 will be the year I finally get to see a game of Major League baseball.

Please tune in soon for the next episode of our new winter drama Please Come to Boston.