The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mad World

So, the GM who left back in November is back within the fold, and his new role is, erm, GM.

(On a related note, it only really struck me today how cool it must be for a thirtysomething guy to have this:

as his "just another day at the office" picture).

And the reliever who passed a physical back in November prior to joining the Red Sox failed a physical with the Indians. Mota clearly had a hell of a holiday season!

If you were a glass-half-empty person you could see today as a "Way Down Now" kind of day:
Inside my future eye
What I see just makes me cry.
I'm way down now.
I'm way down now.
The clocks will all run backwards.
All the sheep will have two heads.
And Thursday night and Friday will be on Tuesday night instead.
And all the times will keep on changing,
And the movements will increase.
There's something about the living babe that sends me off my feet.
As ever, it will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.