The Baseball Desert

Friday, January 27, 2006

Some Kind Of Wonderful

There aren't enough hours in the day for me to be able to read all the non-baseball blogs I'd like to read, but there are certain blogs for which you just have to make time, and The Sheila Variations is one of them.

Sheila is in the middle of an Odyssey-esque report of her trip to L.A. Even if you don't have time to read the whole thing, you have to go and read Part 18, which is brilliant in about a hundred different ways.

This paragraph cracked me up:
Did you know that he typed 94 WORDS A MINUTE?????????? HAS ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET EVER TYPED FASTER? I wanted to say to her, "I actually type 96 words a minute" - which is true - but I decided not to bust her bubble. The entire house of cards would have fallen down if she had found out that 94 wpm is fast ... but it's not like ... MIRACLE fast. If he had typed 130 wpm or something like that, then maybe I would have given the props.
Excellent, excellent stuff!