The Baseball Desert

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Rain, rain, go away

There were a lot of things that had to go right for this trip to finally happen, and they all have. Barring a life-threatening injury between now and tomorrow lunchtime, I will be at Fenway tomorrow to see the Sox play the Toronto Blow Jobs...sorry, Blue Jays - I'm in the Family Section and must curb my colourful language - but there is one thing over which I have no control: the weather.

The end of the week looks fairly promising, but tomorrow could be a real nightmare - 60-80% chance of precipitation, 50° (feels like 40-something). I hadn't really thought about the weather as a factor until today, when Beth mentioned the possibility of a r***-**t (I'm not even going to say it - I need all the positive mojo I can get). Whatever the opposite of a rain-dance is (a sundance?), I need to be doing it for the next 24 hours or so. I will have come a long way, both literally and figuratively, to see that ballgame, and I'd really like it to take place tomorrow evening.

Still, I do feel good about having Beth in my corner on this one. These were her words earlier today when we talked about possible outcomes:

"I personally plan to beat up God - I will KICK HIS ASS - if you get r***** **t."

So, Big Guy, if you're reading this - you have been warned...