The Baseball Desert

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Six straight

Not just a sixth straight win, but six straight games that I've seen over six days, which I think has to be a personal record. The last time I watched six or more consecutive Sox games was probably Games 5, 6 and 7 of the '04 ALCS and Games 1 through 4 of the World Series, but they weren't on consecutive days. My consecutive days streak will be broken with today's off day, but with one night game and two day games (yes!!) over the weekend, the consecutive games streak could well go to nine (and possibly more, with the Mets in town after that).

Last night's game was a beauty - six fine innings from Lester, a grand slam from Papi and another bunch of runs scored with two outs. The Sox are looking pesky right now - long at-bats, not that easy to strike out, contributions from all the lineup, dangerous with two outs - and I like it like that. Bring on the Phillies!