The Baseball Desert

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Totally Lost

Not being a big TV person, I have never seen an episode of Lost, though I do have a vague idea of the concept and the plot, thanks mainly to Balls, Sticks & Stuff. However, I don't need to have seen the thing to find this hilarious:
So let me get this straight: The Othahs have a frickin submarine?

Yeah, I heard the reference to the sub and I was like, what the hell, are the Others on Steinbrenner's payroll or what?

So the Othahs have subs, have aquariums, have fully-equipped surgery facilities, have close-circuit TV's and cameras, but, alas, they are totally impotent and infertile when it comes to making babies.

When you put it that way, it really does seem like the Others are the Yankees of desert island dwellers. A bunch of high dollar resources lavished on aging thugs who really believe they are on a some higher plane of existence yet, in the end, just can't produce.

Othahs Su-uck. Clap. Clap Clap-clap-clap. Othahs Su-uck.
Good, good stuff.

Oh, and speaking of high-dollar resources lavished on aging thugs, look who's back in the news. There's such a sense of déjà vu in that "I don't want to play first base a year for them. I will not do that" that it's almost comical. I'll be watching this one with interest.