The Baseball Desert

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wicked funny

I'm pretty sure I've said this before about Kristen's writing, but this is laugh-out-loud funny in about fifteen different ways. As usual, I got caught out reading it at work, but it was hilarious enough for me not to give a shit:
[Luis Gonzalez] was reduced to explaining basic baseball principles to McCarver the other night and I am just waiting for the moment when Gonzalez says, "You know what? Screw this shit. I've won a World Series. Someone paid $10,000 for my chewed gum. I don't need this bullshit," and storms out of the booth. THAT would be good television. Perhaps then someone can take the inevitable step of putting McCarver and Lou Piniella in the booth together, giving them microphones that aren't plugged into anything and telling them they're broadcasting the World Series on ESPN59 while they call every white player "Brandon" or "Jeff," and every non-white player "Carlos," except for Albert Pujols whom they call "Luis."
We can but hope...