The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fugly

You know your team's in trouble when it has almost as many errors as it has hits.

It wasn't all Wily Mo's fault, but his error in the sixth was he straw that broke this particular camel's back and made me do something that I think I've only ever done twice before: switch the game off. Had I been watching it on the right side of the Atlantic, I'd probably have stuck around, but the 17 games I've watched so far this season are starting to take their toll, and at 3am, heading off to bed was a much more attractive option than watching any more of last night's ugliness.

All I can hope is that the players have decided to listen to Tito:
"This is a long season, and nobody likes to ever lose," said Francona. "But it's inevitable that you lose games. When you do lose, you need to bounce back and play better the next night. That's the whole idea."
Two wins in Baltimore would be a good way to get things back on track.

--------------------
I didn't make it beyond the top of the sixth, but I got up at 1am, so I'm counting it anyway - Obsessive Anal-Retentive Game Counter: 18