The Baseball Desert

Friday, April 06, 2007

Out in the cold

Ladies and gentlemen, I have to tell you: here at the Baseball Desert we're pissed off. Season in and season out, April through October nights, I organise my life around Red Sox games, going to bed at 9:30pm and getting up at 1:05am / 4:05am to watch them play the Devil Rays / Angels on a computer screen the size of a lunchbox. I do this not just once or twice a season, but maybe 50 or 60 times. Do I get any love from the media for this selfless sacrifice for Red Sox Nation? No, I do not. Two or three Japanese fans get up at 3am to watch one game, though, and it's all over the Boston papers. I'm asking you: Where's the recognition? Where's the love? Where's the justice?

So, I'm now officially boycotting the Boston press until they publish an article entitled "In the Paris suburbs, they root all night EVERY DAMN NIGHT." In the meantime, I'll be over there in the corner, sulking and muttering incoherently about "bloody bandwagon jumpers"...

--------------------
Obsessive Anal-Retentive Game Counter: 3