The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Random Wednesday thought

Whilst trawling the Web in search of examples of companies offering managed IT services (I know - some guys get all the good jobs) I came across a company which uses, as part of its advertising, the slogan 24/7/365.

I've seen this countless times before, but it only struck me today that it makes absolutely no sense at all. There's a logical progression in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week which is then totally lost by going back to 365 days a year. Surely you either need to say just 24/7 (or 24/365, if you're feeling adventurous) or you need respect the logical hours-days-weeks progression and go 24/7/52?

I'm telling you - the world is going to hell in a handbasket. You start off with little things like this, and before you know it you're going from Chance to Evers to Tinker...