The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The dark side of my head

Last night I had a dream where I was invited to some kind of private Red Sox function (players and their families only, naturellement), and I spent the whole time wandering around the room like it was the most natural thing in the world, talking to players. I was a bit pissed at not getting to say hello to Big Papi, but I did chat with Schilling about blogging and I had a very earnest conversation with young Jonathan about how he gets that Papel-face just right every time he throws a pitch.

In all, it was a pretty enjoyable evening. Given that it was all made up in my poor, overworked mind, at any rate.

I think I need to be in Boston, and very soon...

--------------------

Last night's game was a good 'un, and Beckett - after the first-pitch home run - was spectacular. And as usual when the Sox are involved in a laugher, there was some classic Don and Jerry. If you didn't see the NESN broadcast, all I can say is: paper planes.

--------------------
Obsessive Anal-Retentive Game Counter: 29