The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Not a complete disaster

The Sox couldn't get anything going against Verlander tonight, and lost a disappointing game 7-2. I'll post something more substantial tomorrow, but I couldn't go to bed without sharing my highlight of the day:

If I should be struck down during the night by the avenging gods of baseball for shouting nasty things at Gary Sheffield throughout the game, I will nonetheless die a happy man, because tonight on Yawkey Way I was in the presence of greatness: I shook hands and had my picture taken with the RemDawg! I went to the stand to get a hot dog (the mother of all hot dogs, in fact), and came away with a story and a picture that will no doubt leave all my French friends wondering who the hell the little guy with the 'tache is insanely jealous for years to come.

--------------------
Obsessive Anal-Retentive Game Counter: 34