The Baseball Desert

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On the DL


After seven weeks of watching baseball at all kinds of ridiculous hours, I think I've finally hit a brick wall. I got up to watch last night's not-pretty-but-not-disastrous loss to the Yankees and actually made it through to the end of the game, but this morning I feel like death warmed up. My body is tired - I literally had to drag myself out of bed this morning to come into work - and my brain - which functions half-heartedly even at the best of times - is running on fumes right now.

So, Tavarez and Schilling are going to have to do their thing in Yankee Stadium without me. Although it's nothing more serious than extreme tiredness, I'm going on the Baseball Desert DL for a couple of days, à la Josh Beckett, in order to be on top of my game for the rest of the season. With Thursday's off-day, that will give me three days' rest and have me back in shape and raring to go for the series against Texas.

So, if you'll excuse me for a little while... *Closes eyes and slowly drifts off to sleep*

--------------------
Obsessive Anal-Retentive Game Counter: 40