The Baseball Desert

Friday, June 15, 2007

Philosophical question

It's Friday (yes!!), and my head is filled with some of life's great philosophical questions, not least of which is:

Are the Sox losing because I'm not watching them, or am I not watching them because they're losing?

Whichever way you look at it, part of me is glad not to be getting up in the wee small hours of the morning to watch them them score a grand total of 6 runs in the last four games, good for one win and three losses.

The weekend is about to roll around, so I'll be in front of my TV/PC for the three games against the Giants. This'll mean having to watch Barry Bonds, but I look at it as taking one for the team, the sacrifice needed in order to be able to say thanks - from a distance - to an all-time Red Sox hero:
(photo: Getty images)