The Baseball Desert

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rip Van Winkle

As far as baseball goes, I feel like I've been asleep for the best part of six weeks and I've just woken up to find that Game 1 of the World Series is being played tonight at Fenway Park.

I haven't really had time to get excited about this, but I just had a wander over to the Globe website, which is full of pre-Series photos like these:

(photo: AP)

and I'd like to make the following official Baseball Desert statement:

OH MY GOD - GAME 1 OF THE WORLD SERIES TONIGHT AT FENWAY PARK!!!

*Jumps up and down discretely in his office chair.*

I'm worn out and need a good eight hours' sleep several nights in a row, but I wouldn't miss Beckett in Game 1 for anything, so I'll be there, cap on head and beer (or maybe coffee) in hand, rooting for the hometown whites.

Go Sox!